Cyan stars - how to...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Cyan stars - how to correct for this?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jtrezzo)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Everything is working amazingly with APP except for one thing. I am having a problem with stars appearing about half pure cyan. Please see the attached example zoomed in of M81. I know there should be some way to help correct for it but what is the process? I looked at the selective color tool but am not sure what setting or how to use it, or even when it should be applied (right after doing background calibration?). I have been stacking and removing LP and background cal in APP then the rest of my processing is done in another program. Is there something I am doing that might be causing this? It is OSC data, with adaptive airy disc debayer, if it matters. Would bayer drizzle help or make this worse?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @jtrezzo,

I think you have some chromatic aberration possibly showing in your OSC data.

I would recommend to use the align channel option in 2)Calibrate, save the calibrated frames. This will correct for the chromatic aberration.

Then after having done Background calibration & star color calibration. Use the selective color to reduce any residual cyan on the stars.

Select cyan, then increase blue and or reduce cyan, increasing blue will turn cyan into blue. if you reduce cyan, then the cyan goes to white.

First, try to perform the align channel option. It will possibly increase sharpness of your data as well 😉

Let me know if it helps.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: