Can you reuse a set...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Can you reuse a set of stacked data and pare out frames?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I took shorter single frame exposures of Neowise but can see that the total time widened the lead of the comet in integration.  I would like to only use half the data in my stack up.

Is there a method that I could use that would remove the frames I don't want so I could re-integrate the data that I want to keep?

Would this be as simple as deleting the existing integration image, unchecking the boxes of the lights that I don't want and re-integrating the frames I want to keep or would there be other steps involved?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No, that would be the way to do that indeed. You might also want to just clear the list and reload the data with the frames you want.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Vincent:  Thank you, there are times when I end up with some undesirable frames in the stack up.

1 question associated with your reply.  When you suggest clearing out all the frames out and reloading only the data that is needed does that require the saving of calibrated frames?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No, what I mean there is simply that if you know which frames can be removed, that you just load in the good ones straight away for instance. But it may be easier to do it the way you want.

Paul Imm reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: