Calibration if I on...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Calibration if I only have light frames

10 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

If I only am using light frames, do I skip calibration or is there a way I should still use it?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@msamazing You can always skip Calibration and all other steps. Simply load your data in tab 1, go straight to step 6 and click the integrate button. APP will do all intermediate steps by itself.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Thank you very much!  One other question.  I ended up with the frames being uneven.  Do you know what I did wrong to cause this?  Please see Attached photo.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven here is the photo.

C4DADA9F F224 4A59 AB46 A88D8A1E08FD

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven here is the photo.

C4DADA9F F224 4A59 AB46 A88D8A1E08FD

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@msamazing APP performs a registration of the lights based on the stars it detects in those lights. If necessary APP rotates and scales the lights so they match. It looks like you had at least two imaging sessions and the camera has rotated in between those sessions. If you remove the camera from the scope and put it back on to continue imaging on the same object, you need to make sure that the orientation of the camera matches what it was before.

ReplyQuote
(@turtlecat1000)
Red Giant

Posted by: @msamazing

@wvreeven Thank you very much!  One other question.  I ended up with the frames being uneven.  Do you know what I did wrong to cause this?  Please see Attached photo.

That’s a tracking issue. The camera didn’t move to keep the frame the same. How did you have the camera mounted?

ReplyQuote
(@scotty38)
White Dwarf

Posted by: @turtlecat1000
Posted by: @msamazing

That’s a tracking issue. The camera didn’t move to keep the frame the same. How did you have the camera mounted?

I'm going to disagree there given the stars look round and also my assumption on length of exposure. I'm agreeing with Wouter, looks like framing etc.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@scotty38 Well, to be fair. @turtlecat1000 wrote tracking issue, not poor guiding. With a sub-optimal polar alignment the frame will rotate over the course of a night and stars can still look round and sharp in the individual frames. Though I would expect not a big jump like in the picture uploaded by @msamazing but rather a smooth distribution of angles. That is why I suspected two separate sessions. But only @msamazing can tell us what happened.

Martin Scott reacted
ReplyQuote
(@scotty38)
White Dwarf

Posted by: @wvreeven

@scotty38 Well, to be fair. @turtlecat1000 wrote tracking issue, not poor guiding. With a sub-optimal polar alignment the frame will rotate over the course of a night and stars can still look round and sharp in the individual frames. Though I would expect not a big jump like in the picture uploaded by @msamazing but rather a smooth distribution of angles. That is why I suspected two separate sessions. But only @msamazing can tell us what happened.

Well yes good points 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: