APP crashes with er...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP crashes with error

9 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@tomatobro)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am trying to combine data from an Atik Horizon 2 colour camera and a ZWO ASI1600 mono.

These two cameras use the same generic chip and both are using a Samyang 135 F2 lens.

If I process the RGB and Mono data separately APP works ok but when I try to do both data sets together APP gets about 18% the way through Normalising and then fails.

Screen shots attached of error message. !6 Gb of ram is used by APP. Help!

CaptureB
Capture
CaptureA

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I see the error mentioning an overlap issue, does the data share at least say 20% overlap? Shouldn't cause an error like this I think, but just to confirm. Can you show a sub from one and from the other as well? And how did you configure APP itself?

ReplyQuote
(@tomatobro)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

The individual Fits files exceed the 30mb upload but I have attached two Jpgs  from another data set which have been processed using APP as RGB and LUM separately which will give an indication of the alinement's

IC443 RGB session 1 cbg St
IC443 RGB session 1 cbg St
IC443 zwo ha Luminance session 1 St tiff

.These data sets also produce the same error message when processing together

For APP config the only setting change was for the RGB raw files to GRBG.

ReplyQuote
(@tomatobro)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Here is a list of settings used

Raw/Fits GRGB

Load Full set of calibration frames. RGB data to RGB session 1. Luminance data to Luminance

Calibrate no change used defaults

Analyse stars no change used defaults

Register No change used defaults

APP ran through all the above without issues

Normalise Have tried all combinations of Mode/Method/Scale...error message

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So are you processing mono and RGB at the same time? That is not, yet, possible like that. If you want to do that it's best to first save the split frames of the RGB (saving them as mono R, G and B) and then load those in to be registered together with the mono data. I would do that with the integrated RGB and the integrated mono data.

ReplyQuote
(@tomatobro)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Thanks for the advice. Will give that a go this afternoon. I still load both the RGB and luminance data files and calibration as before but when it comes to Normalise I untick the luminance mono data and normalise the RGB per channel, then untick those and tick the Lum data and normalise those. Then tick all to integrate.

Have I understood what to do correctly?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not really. 🙂 You do need to normalize them together as well. You first load in your RGB data, then go to tab 2 and calibrate, then all the way down on tab 2 you can select "split channels" and then save them. You'll then have calibrated R, G and B frames. These you can load in again as mono data and then you add the mono luminance data and proceed with integrating everything. This will result in integrated R, G, B and L data frames which you can combine in the RGBCombine tool.

ReplyQuote
(@tomatobro)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Followed your reply and success!

I built a dual imaging rig with two Samyang 135 F2 lenses and am impressed with the results. Many thanks for getting back to me.

HD46106 LRGB 1 crop cbg csc St

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That's awesome, I always love when giving advice works out. 🙂 Very nice result! And clever to have a dual system, make use of the spare nights we have.

ReplyQuote
Share: