Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

15 panel mosaic

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

My first 15 panel mosaic worked out nicely for the most part, but I'm getting some registration problems as you can see in the attachment. This is a quick and dirty mosaic being used for framing purposes and thus there are no subs. Most of the 15 panel intersections are perfect. My overlap is 10% and LNC is 2nd degree and MBB is 11%.  

What should I change to improve these few registration problems? Many thanks!

registration problem

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @rixon,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the APP forum 😉

This is a quick and dirty mosaic being used for framing purposes and thus there are no subs

So just to check out how the composition turns out I understand?

Most of the 15 panel intersections are perfect. My overlap is 10% and LNC is 2nd degree and MBB is 11%.

What should I change to improve these few registration problems? Many thanks!

It would be best if you can share which settings you used in 3) and 4, then I can give you some pointers 😉

How many stars did you detect/analyse in 3)?

Looking at the data, you should probably try to aim to detect up to 2000 -3000 stars with 10% overlap.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

It's Ha exposure of 300 secs on f3.1 refractor. On average around 750. How do I increase the number of stars that are detected? Should I just use the automatic minimum # stars target in the Analyse Stars tab and make it 2500? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @rixon,

Yes, for your mosaic, with 10%, try to increase the star count to 2000-2500 if possible 😉

Yes, increase minimum to 2000-2500, maximum will be double automatically.

You could also disable automatic minimum/maximum end set the kapp value to a value for which yoy find 200-2500 stars in all frames. A bit more or less should be okay.

The borders of your mosaic panels need to have enough stars detected to have a good mosaic registration with accurate optical distortion correction.

Let me know if the result is better 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

All good! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@rixon,

Excellent then 😉 !