Processing grinds t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Processing grinds to a halt when screensaver kicks in

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@autonm)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

Macbook Pro 2.6ghz, 6-core, intel i7, 16gb ram

APP - 1.082

Unfortunately due to 'policy' on my laptop, my screensaver kicks in after 5 minutes of no keyboard/mouse activity.

When this happens any APP processing grinds to a half. Example Integrate wrote frames / loaded frames x of x usually takes 10-12 seconds from looking at the log, but when the screen is locked 1 'wrote frames / loaded frames' takes 6 to 7 minutes. 

So, unfortunately, I am having to sit at the keyboard the entire process, to keep nudging the mouse.

Is this expected or is there a drop in APP processing - when a screen saver is enabled?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@ldipenti)
White Dwarf

This is happening to me too. Even if I set up macOS to not sleep when turning off the monitor, APP seems to pause itself.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes I've seen this before, we're wondering if this is some side effect of Java 8 and the later MacOS versions. Which is why we're at least going to Java 11.

ReplyQuote
(@autonm)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Which version of APP will Java 11 be updated for ? 

I'm currently running APP 1.082 thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That I don't know unfortunately, but I do know Mabula wants to migrate pretty fast. So I expect it within the next 2 versions, but don't pin me on it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: