Suggestion for alte...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Suggestion for alternative license model

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@tommohawk)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi. Just an idea... 

In many locations the weather is just so awful its impossible to get good value out of APP. By contrast, in other locations the skies are clear often, and it's possible to get great value out of APP.

Might it be possible to have a "per project" license model, so that the use/cost ratio is more equitable?

Maybe I'm being unrealistic and we just have to accept this, but hopefully you see my point? This could be done in addition to the existing license options, it need not be a replacement structure.

Kind regards

Tom

This topic was modified 3 years ago by tom Collicott

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tom @tommohawk,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion on this.

I assume that you refer to the Renter's model here? You would buy a license for 1 year and then have just a bad year in terms of weather?

Providing a license per project is really not possible. Depending on the type of project, you would need APP for more than 1 month (creating a big mosaic) or maybe only 1 day... so it is very hard to discriminate here I think.

Perhaps providing a license per month would help here? I want to provide a monthly subscription of €5 excl. VAT per month. But you would need to cancel the subscription yourself if you don't need APP at that point in time. Then later on you could restart a new monthly subscription.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tommohawk)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula and thanks for your reply - it's great to know that you're tuned in to the forums!

Yes a per month rent model would more or less fix this I guess, if you could make that work.  €5 excl. VAT per month would work out at  €60 per year, so equivalent to the rate for the renters model.

Sounds as though maybe you were considering this prior to my suggestion?

Would you be OK with customers "stop/starting" though? So using for a month then cancelling then restarting?

TBH thats probably what a cost sensitive customer (like me!) would do.

thanks again for looking at this

Kind regards

Tom

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tom @tommohawk,

Indeed, I was already considering this to provide a monthly subscription. It could give us more administrative work I think, but... we have this nicely automated these days, so I think that we can soon make this possible 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: