Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

I have no idea what I'm doing...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@19wolf)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hello!

I just downloaded the trial of APP and I have no idea what I'm doing. I was pointed toward this program by a friend, but all I have is a set of nine 30 second exposures of the night sky. All I'm trying to do (for now, until I learn more) is align/warp/whatever the images to reduce noise.

This program seems so powerful, I feel like it should be fairly easy to do? But it's asking me to load lights and darks and flats and I have no idea what any of that means.

Please help

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@scotty38)
White Dwarf

Have a quick look at some of the videos, linked on the top bar above. Maybe the Sara Wager ones, there are a few "How to" videos.... That's possibly the easiest way.

ReplyQuote
(@19wolf)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I tried watching a few of them, but every video seems to assume I have any idea what a "calibration frame" is. I also don't understand what a light frame is vs a dark frame vs a flat frame?

Again, I just have a group of pictures of the general sky from my backyard that I'm trying to align properly.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think it will be very good to have an understanding of those first, here's a random post I found with answers explaining it as well: https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/252760-lights-darks-flats-bias/

APP itself is a rather advanced package to take this kind of data and correct for all the different issues there may be in the photo's you took and to carefully and correctly make them work together. You need proper workflows to create those calibration data properly.

ReplyQuote
Share: