Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Getting colour for photos made with ASI 1600 mcc  

RSS

peci
(@peci)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 4, 2017 22:48  

I'm trying to debayer fotos from my ASI 1600 mcc but ... no colour at all. What is the way to get colour ?
peci

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
September 4, 2017 23:15  

Hi Peci,

In the 0) RAW/FITS tab, I think you need to enable the force CFA setting, so APP knows that you have CFA bayer data to process ;-). And possibly choose the correct bayer pattern, RGGB is default.

Have you tried this?

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
 peci
(@peci)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 5, 2017 10:58  

Hi Mabula, with CFA setting selcted I have colour. The bayer pattern seems to be RGBG.
Thanks a lot for your help! Anyway I have still a lot to practice for good acceptable results.

Kind Regards
Peci

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
September 5, 2017 13:02  

You're welcome Peci 😉

The correct bayer pattern should be supplied by your camera manufacturer, most have RGGB though 😉

RGBG probably is written wrongly? It would mean that both green pixels are directly above and below each other.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@xsnrg)
Main Sequence Star Customer
October 1, 2017 22:45  

Greetings,  The 1600mc-cool (of which I am also using) has bayer pattern of GRBG.  I also have a 290MC, and it uses RGGB, so knowing the pattern is important.  I selected the force checkbox as well, and am just starting to process my first stack ever with APP.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 2, 2017 18:44  

Hi xsnrg,

Thank you for your feedback 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: