2023-09-16: APP 2.0.0-beta23 has been released !
Improved performance again, CMD-A now works in macOS File Chooser, big improvement for bad column cosmetic correction, solved several bugs
We are very close now to releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...
Exception starting comet registration
I'm experimenting with comet processing.
1. Loaded light frames and calibration frames.
2. Ran everything up to Calibration step and saved calibrated frames.
3. In PixInsight, ran StarXTerminator in batch mode, which separated starless and star calibrated fits into separate folders
4. Loaded calibrated starless images (comet only) into APP and selected "Comet/1-star" registration mode
5. Clicked Register and got
6. Also, star analysis fails (maybe because of starless image or maybe because PixInsight messed up the FITS headers - the error doesn't tell what's wrong here) so I just disabled it. Should I be able to still perform star analysis and comet registration?
Yes, this workflow doesn't work as APP still needs to know about the stars. In the comet section of our forum there is a video and other threads that go into producing a sharp comet and sharp stars using Photoshop (and this would work similar to Affinity I guess). Mabula is going to work on the comet feature in the upcoming weeks.