ASI 2600MC pro dark...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

ASI 2600MC pro dark frames question

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi

I have just received my new ASI2600 MC Pro and am building a dark frame library.

When I apply a very strong stretch to a master dark in APP it shows a distinct colour gradient left to right. Is this normal or is it an indication of an issue with the sensor/camera/method of taking dark frames?I have never seen this before on any dark frames.

Attached JPG of a stretched masterdark 60s/G100/Offset50/-10C

MD IG 100.0 E60.0s 2600mc 6248x4176 St

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think that can be normal, maybe a very slight signal coming through from the sensor. Doesn't really appear to be light leakage, that would be stronger I think, but maybe a good idea to double-check it's indeed totally dark when taking the frames.

I'd just use it and test it on actual data to see if it works ok for your sensor.

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

I think that can be normal, maybe a very slight signal coming through from the sensor. Doesn't really appear to be light leakage, that would be stronger I think, but maybe a good idea to double-check it's indeed totally dark when taking the frames.

I'd just use it and test it on actual data to see if it works ok for your sensor.

Boy that was quick!!

I was very careful to ensure it was dark - night time, dark room, no lights anywhere, computer screens off etc so i'm fairly confident its not light leak.

I expect you are right and its not an issue. Ill see how it goes when I get some actual data to process - but since the camera was delivered this week that is likely to be some weeks away 🙄 

Thanks for the light speed reply!

Rgds

David

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mackiedlm Hi David,

We have an ASI2600MC as well and I just did an extreme stretch on the master dark that we produced a few months ago. It also shows a color gradient. However, our images seem to come out fine so I am not worried about it at all.

Screenshot 2021 02 03 at 13.44.26

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@mackiedlm Hi David,

We have an ASI2600MC as well and I just did an extreme stretch on the master dark that we produced a few months ago. It also shows a color gradient. However, our images seem to come out fine so I am not worried about it at all.

Screenshot 2021 02 03 at 13.44.26

Wouter

Brilliant! Thanks for doing that Wouter, it puts my mind at rest while I wait for a clear sky.

Rgds

David

ReplyQuote
Share: