Soon to be Released...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Soon to be Released APPP 1.083-Beta2

13 Posts
8 Users
3 Likes
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I would be interested to know when the 1.083 second beta will appear.

Thanks,

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@roye Mabula told me that he is working hard on rounding off this release. Unfortunately it is unknown when that will be.

ReplyQuote
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

That's disappointing, but not surprising.  It sounds very much like the response to those owners who have been asking for a user guide.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@dv_stranger)
Neutron Star

I am now also disappointed. For months I look here every 2-3 days and hope for the new release. And nothing happens at all. And as i can see today, there are not even prospects. Not even that. The last release was over half a year ago, and that was just a beta. And the next release should probably also be just a beta, of which you don't know when it will be released. 

I hope I didn't invest in a dying software. That would be a pity.

ReplyQuote
(@karolbe)
White Dwarf

I also do not understand what was the point of announcing 'soon to be released!' almost a month ago and now informing users that no one really knows when it will be released. When I first saw the message I thought that the new version is going to be released next day or something...

ReplyQuote
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Yes, I agree with the above; having paid a premium commercial fee for this software it's irritating to have reasonable questions brushed aside with casual answers from a moderator.  Having suggested that a new beta is  imminent, the software developer should show users the courtesy of addressing the question in person. 

Roy 

ReplyQuote
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

And to add insult to injury I have received an email telling me that I need to click the embedded link to verify my eligibility for the upgrade to 1.083 beta2.  Clinking on the email link takes me to the APP website which displays a red warning telling me that my subscription cannot be verified.  What on earth is going on - I think I'm entitled to an explanation so don't just ignore this post as you have done with others.

Roy  

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all, @roye, @dv_stranger, @karolbe, @wvreeven, @vincent-mod

APP 1.083 is simply a very big release which will include several new features. I have put a lot of work into it already and I can only release it when it is ready. I am working on it for sure ! and I do intend to release a beta 2 first before the stable version comes out.

Same holds for the documentation, i am writing this and it will be released when it is ready.

"I hope I didn't invest in a dying software. That would be a pity."

To be clear, APP is by no means a dying software, in fact the user base is growing faster and faster and we are just very busy to keep up with the growth that we are experiencing. I am working full-time on APP and will do so for many years to come ;-). Please have a little bit of faith in me and Vincent and Wouter, we are doing everything in our powers to advance APP and the results of all APP users ;-).

Mabula

This post was modified 3 years ago by Mabula-Admin

Skanker and chris_16 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @roye

And to add insult to injury I have received an email telling me that I need to click the embedded link to verify my eligibility for the upgrade to 1.083 beta2.  Clinking on the email link takes me to the APP website which displays a red warning telling me that my subscription cannot be verified.  What on earth is going on - I think I'm entitled to an explanation so don't just ignore this post as you have done with others.

Roy  

@roye, that email did certainly not originate from us. Can you please forward the email to me so I can have a look?

Can you send it to support@astropixelprocessor.com ?

To be clear, we never send out such emails.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks Mabula,

We indeed got used to monthly updates which is very fast for any software package, but this is not set in stone. Features take time and will vary depending on their complexity, so the fact this release is considered late, is only the case because we had sort of a schedule. It is later for good reasons, problem is, these are not visible for you as the customer. Wouter and I of course are limited to what we can do, we help to the best of our abilities with the versions that are available right now and I think, given the feedback we're getting, we are one of the most active forums in this respect (so not really dead I'd say by any stretch). I think APP is very capable already and only getting better, let's focus on what we can do and enjoy the hobby.

ReplyQuote
(@richardhurst)
Main Sequence Star

Wow I can't believe some people are moaning about this. Do you actually know how much time and effort goes into writing software of this kind?. Thank you @Mabula-admin and the rest of the team!

chris_16 reacted
ReplyQuote
 Davm
(@davm)
Red Giant

Posted by: @richardhurst

Wow I can't believe some people are moaning about this. Do you actually know how much time and effort goes into writing software of this kind?. Thank you @Mabula-admin and the rest of the team!

Completely agree, unbelievable!

Dave

ReplyQuote
 Roy
(@roye)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

How shockingly insensitive.

Roy

ReplyQuote
Share: