Difficult Time Proc...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Difficult Time Processing Narrowband Data

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@deesk06)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I captured some Narrowband Data of the sadr region, framing up IC 1318 exactly how I wanted. I was kind of going for that gold/blue look, or similar at least by mapping SHO. 

I have:

6 Hours Sii @ 300" per frame

6 Hours OIII @ 300" per frame

3 Hours Ha @ 300" per frame

I thought that would have been enough time to get a decent enough image, however the final product is looking very underwhelming to most of my other images. 

First, it's a gross green. I understand Ha is mapped to green and that is why, however, pretty much whatever I do still makes it gross looking. I tried following a tutorial and I had mapped 33% green to all channels, still no help. It just looks mucky. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Hi Daniel,

In SHO (Hubble palette), Ha is mapped to green. I usually do the channel combination and further processing in PI so if anyone cares to post a good APP workflow for SHO then I’d be very interested as well.

And by all means post your data!

Clear skies and stay safe, Wouter

Deesk06 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deesk06)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

I meant to say Ha is mapped to green LOL. Good catch!

ReplyQuote
(@deesk06)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15DjlqKmflC74mZBw6v9Izy_cTCYSAsaj?usp=sharing

Data can be accessed here!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

I a surprised to see that the SII data is MUCH brighter than OIII. Are you sure you didn't accidentally swap the two filters? And did you process the three images (e.g. background calibration and light pollution removal) or are those raw stacks?

ReplyQuote
Share: