Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Can't see TIF in working directory  

RSS

(@woldsweather)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 22, 2020 21:03  

I have a tif file from deep Sky Stacker in my working directory but cant see it in APP. Where am I going wrong?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
tif
(@nickoson-2)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 22, 2020 19:30  

I'm curious about this too... I'm trying to use a .tif from Sequator but it won't load into APP. All I want to do is see if I can process it and see what the differences are. I had the tif from Sequator processed in PI by a random internet guy and I think it was pulling more detail than what I'm getting with the full stacking etc processes within APP. But I can't confirm for sure unless I can process that same .tif in APP to see what the deal is.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
November 22, 2020 21:29  

Hi Trevor and Jeremy,

It is hard to know what could be wrong without knowing more details, for example how you exactly try to load the TIFF files. There are several ways to do this in APP. One way is in tab 1 by selecting Other/Processed all the way at the top of the tab. Another way is in Tab 9. There many of the tools ask to load a file when you open them. Could you give us more details where loading of the TIFF files doesn't do what you expect?

Thanks, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@nickoson-2)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 23, 2020 19:25  

Well, it just won't load it anywhere. This is all the info I can get you. Then after it fails, it leaves this "Please wait" window that I can't close until I exit the whole application.

"Encountered error in module:
ImageLoaderTask

Error message:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: pos < flushedPos!

Cause:
pos < flushedPos!
javax.imageio.stream.FileImageInputStream.seek(FileImageInputStream.java:143)
nq.a(Unknown Source)
ns.seek(Unknown Source)
ni.<init>(Unknown Source)"

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
November 23, 2020 20:13  

OK, I'll need to have a look at the data then to be able to help better. Please upload some of the relevant subs to our server. Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload3 as username and upload3 as password.

Create a directory named "jeremy-nickoson-tiffissue" and upload in there. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@nickoson-2)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 24, 2020 04:57  

Done, though it happens with any tif I get from Sequator, so it should be fairly easy to replicate.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
November 24, 2020 11:33  

Thanks for the upload Jeremy. Indeed it looks like APP has trouble loading it. I have asked @mabula-admin to have a look at it. He has indicated that he will see if he can fix this for a future version of APP.

In the mean time I was able to load your Andromeda picture by opening the image in Gimp and simply saving it again. I'd recommend to use a similar workaround until the issue is fixed in APP.

ReplyQuote
(@astrogriff)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
January 12, 2021 20:24  

I am having the same issue - cannot see any files in the working directory.  I've been using the app steadily for a while, but now cannot load files

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
January 12, 2021 21:56  

@astrogriff The same question for you: how do you exactly try to load the TIFF files. There are several ways to do this in APP. One way is in tab 1 by selecting Other/Processed all the way at the top of the tab. Another way is in Tab 9. There many of the tools ask to load a file when you open them. Could you give us more details where loading of the TIFF files doesn't do what you expect?

ReplyQuote
Share: