Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Reading of ILCE-1 TIF files failed  

RSS

(@axelbock)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 12, 2021 16:18  

Hi all,
I am new to APP, using APP 1.082 as a trial on Win10 (13GB assigned to APP) and Linux (1.083-b2), Sony ILCE-6500 and ILCE-1 are my cameras.
RAW data from ILCE-6500 is perfectly supported by APP, but the ILCE-1 is not supported by LibRaw yet, so APP cannot process those RAW files. DNG and DCRaw also are not aware of ILCE-1 (yet).
As a circumvention I converted ILCE-1 .ARW files to 16 bit .TIF using Sonys Imaging Edge Viewer.
Those TIF files I successfully used with DeepSkyStacker and PixInsight, but trying to load those files in APP I get the error:

Encountered error in module:
FileDetailListUpdater
Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -18816
Cause:
no.<init>(Unknown Source)
ni.<init>(Unknown Source)
nk.<init>(Unknown Source)
ng.a(Unknown Source)

Is there any way to open ILCE-1 files in APP?

Thanks,
Axel

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
September 12, 2021 16:43  

@axelbock Hi Axel. APP is written in Java and TIFF support in Java is flaky. Can you please upload a few files to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com

username and password: upload

Create a directory called axelblock_tiff and I’ll ask Mabula to have a look. 

ReplyQuote
(@axelbock)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 12, 2021 17:29  

WOW, THANKS for your quick response even on Sunday! 🙂
I uploaded 5 files to /axelbock_tiff

The files are created by Imaging Edge Viewer 3.2.00.05271 using TIFF 16bit sRGB.
I also tried AdobeRGB instead, but the result in APP opening the file was the same error.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
September 12, 2021 19:03  

@axelbock I had a quick look at the TIFF files and noticed that they are 16 bit integer TIFFs. Can you export as 16 bit or 32 bit float and see if that solves the issue?

EDIT: It looks like only 8 bit and 16 bit are supported. I am not sure if the TIFFs are compressed and if they are, can you try to make sure that they are saved as uncompressed TIFFs?

EDIT 2: Never mind. They are uncompressed. I don't know. I have asked Mabula to have a look.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
September 16, 2021 19:51  

Hi Axel @axelbock & Wouter @wvreeven,

Thank you for sharing these Tiff files, I will use them for testing and will try to get them to work 😉

Hopefully Libraw will soon support the ILCE-1 camera so we can use the real raw images.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@axelbock)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 16, 2021 20:09  

Hi Mabula,

Many thanks for your reply, which I appreciate very much!  🙂

Axel

ReplyQuote
Share: