This video tutorial by Mabula wil show you how you create a
Luminance Hydrogen-alpha RGB or LHaRGB composite of Messier 51, The Whirlpool Galaxy
Data is courtesy of
- André van der Hoeven
- Jeroen Moonen
- Rob Musquetier
- Mabula Haverkamp
- first an example integration is shown of the green channel and all settings up until integration are explained.
- then I show how to correct calibration artefacts and light pollution in the seperate channels using the “remove light pollution” tool
- next step is to perform the important step of registering all 5 channels to each each other, so they can be loaded into the “RGB combine” tool
- we create the actual LHaRGB composite
- quickly discuss post-processing of the compostie, from “remove light pollution” to “calibrate star colors”
- and in the end we perform a final crop.