Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Workflows for STC Astro DUO Filter  

Page 5 / 5
  RSS

(@jazrunner)
White Dwarf Customer
February 8, 2020 00:12  

@vincent-mod

The server is not accepting my userid and password...

Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 6.11.52 PM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 8, 2020 00:27  

Oh shoot, sorry about that, I think I need extra coffee today. The username and password for the server is: appuser 

Mark F liked
ReplyQuote
(@jazrunner)
White Dwarf Customer
February 8, 2020 14:02  

@vincent-mod

Hi Vincent,

I gave this another go this morning.  Comments?

ReplyQuote
(@jazrunner)
White Dwarf Customer
February 8, 2020 14:29  

@vincent-mod

Hi Vincent,

I have never downloaded a beta before.  Where do I look to see when the MacOS beta version 1.076 is ready to download?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 8, 2020 14:38  

@jazrunner

Thank you for the clear write-up. So I think you shouldn't integrate the seperate frames that fast, you can just seperate the RGB in 3 channels, save those to their folders (that works right?). Then load all frames into their appropriate filters in the multi-filter section and only then start the integration. That should produce masters for each filter seperately and then you combine those. After combination, you can go ahead with light pollution correction etc, that's always advised to do afterwards as correction on each filter separately could still produce uneven results when combining.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 8, 2020 14:41  

@jazrunner

Posted by: @jazrunner

I have never downloaded a beta before.  Where do I look to see when the MacOS beta version 1.076 is ready to download?

It will be announced very loudly by Mabula. 😉 On the right hand side there is a downloads section and it will have 1.076 there when it's available. I got word it might be today, hopefully he doesn't hit any bumps.

ReplyQuote
(@jazrunner)
White Dwarf Customer
February 8, 2020 14:48  

@davm

Hi Dave,

NOT a dumb question!  Could you help me better understand your suggestion?  Could you break down exactly what this means?  

I think I understand the SAVE split channels (Tab 2 check split channels then click "save calibrated frames")

What are the step by step instructions for the rest?

• is there a Load step in there?
  • Do I remove the RGB lights and replace with the calibration frames after the save split channels step?
Posted by: @davm

"SAVE split channels". Then Register and Normalize Ha and OIII plus the red, green and blue channels. Hit combine channels and add the NORMALIZED red, green, blue Ha and OIII.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 Davm
(@davm)
Main Sequence Star Customer
February 8, 2020 15:26  

Hi Mark, I nearly always use the writeup from Randy Roy, here's the link

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-7610

Dave

(@jazrunner)
White Dwarf Customer
February 8, 2020 16:31  

@vincent-mod

Posted by: @vincent-mod

Thank you for the clear write-up. So I think you shouldn't integrate the seperate frames that fast, you can just seperate the RGB in 3 channels, save those to their folders (that works right?). Then load all frames into their appropriate filters in the multi-filter section and only then start the integration. That should produce masters for each filter seperately and then you combine those. After combination, you can go ahead with light pollution correction etc, that's always advised to do afterwards as correction on each filter separately could still produce uneven results when combining.

Hi Vincent,

I modified my process flow per your suggestion and I still get the Java error.  I've tried to better document what I did and what I observed in the attached PDF

Thanks

Mark F

This post was modified 2 months ago by Mark F

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 8, 2020 17:05  

Ok, so this would be the point where I'd need some of your raw files on the server to check it out. We can then test it straight away in 1.076. Sorry for the inconvenience!

And the above mentioned workflow is a bit different, maybe that works out? There they split RGB at the end, so first RGB integration and then splitting the channels.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 8, 2020 17:52  

I see your upload already, downloading now. I'll try the process here as well, Mabula is going to release 1.076 for Mac today, so look out for it on the right hand side.

Mark F liked
ReplyQuote
(@jazrunner)
White Dwarf Customer
February 8, 2020 18:11  

@davm

Hi Dave

Thanks for sharing the writeup from Randy Roy.  It worked for me on the first try.

Here is a PDF with samples of the 5 channels and the final image

@vincent-mod

Thanks Vincent for all your help.  I will try the new beta when I get a chance and I look forward to your feedback once you have a chance to look at my data.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Mark F

ReplyQuote
 Davm
(@davm)
Main Sequence Star Customer
February 8, 2020 19:24  

Glad you got it sorted. I use it all the time now. I'm sure you'll have a world picture there when you add all your lights 😉 

Dave

Mark F liked
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 8, 2020 19:41  

@jazrunner

No problem at all, my workflow with beginning with the masters for R, G and B is actually a better way for the data in the end but apparently it causes an issue in your case. I’ll investigate this fully with your data so thanks for that! At least you have a working flow in the mean time, which is good. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 9, 2020 12:23  

Ok, thanks a lot for the data. I am now trying my own processing on it and a few issues appeared with APP at this particular stage. I reported my findings to Mabula and it will get addressed for the stable release of 1.076.

Mark F liked
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: