White Dwarf Customer
August 5, 2019 19:02  

My Integration settings

ReplyQuote
(@kijja)
Red Giant Customer
August 6, 2019 04:17  

@tsk1979

Your setting looks fine for me. @vincent-mod could you share some ideas about this? Does it due to un-support bayer matrix?

Kijja 

(btw Tanveer, could you still get good image from 'HaOIII color' algorithm?)

This post was modified 2 months ago by Kijja

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 6, 2019 06:32  
Posted by: @kijja

@tsk1979

Your setting looks fine for me. @vincent-mod could you share some ideas about this? Does it due to un-support bayer matrix?

Kijja 

I am unable to get meaningful Blues. Here is my result final processed imagte

Kijja liked
ReplyQuote
(@kijja)
Red Giant Customer
August 6, 2019 08:13  

@tsk1979

Your image is promising, it will shine with details when more signal is added. Eager to see the final image!

Cheers,

Kijja

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 6, 2019 08:43  

Hydrogen is overwhelming the oxygen. How to increase oxygen?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Red Giant Customer
August 6, 2019 09:53  

The best way to do that: shoot (many) more OIII images.

This post was modified 2 months ago by wvreeven

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 6, 2019 10:08  

@wvreeven

Its a OIII Ha Filter. So I cannot shoot more OIII

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
August 6, 2019 10:17  
Posted by: @kijja

@tsk1979

Kijja 

Not really as I never used such a filter myself. I can help more if you share the raw data to see if I can process them correctly, I can then make a clearer workflow maybe. You can upload data to our APP server: server with login/password: appuser
Please create a folder with your name on it first, thank you.

Besides that, more data always helps, the OIII is a bit less bright as Ha if I'm not mistaken on this object. But let's have a look at the data first.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 6, 2019 10:42  

@vincent-mod

Thanks

I have made folder tsk1979 with 3 subfolders

1. Veil Nebula Ha-OIII

2. Andromeda Ha-OIII

3. Dark frames (For both)

Files are uploading. I see them in the Upload Queue (Uploading at 12Mbps currently). I started with Veil Nebula upload

(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
August 6, 2019 11:30  

Great, I'll get to them this evening or tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 6, 2019 11:32  

My Andromeda data has some bad frames which gave these squiggly lines. Doesn't selecting 90% remove these?

Here is a sample crop screenshot. Data uploaded 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
August 6, 2019 16:42  

Not sure it would necessarily remove those, the quality stacking looks at the stars mainly and SNR. You can try, but usually these lines are caused by hot pixels, which you want to remove before stacking by a good dark and/or bad pixel map. MAD sigma rejection might also help.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
August 8, 2019 18:47  

So I started processing your duo-filter images. The darks you uploaded I didn't use as these weren't the raw files (tifs actually). Do you have bias as well? Would be nice to have darks and bias in raw format as that's always the best place to start out with.

Anyway, I went on with first extracting the H-alpha and stacking and processing those first. After which I re-did it, but this time selecting to extract O-III, APP then asks to re-normalize the subs and you select to do so. In both cases I opted to stack 50 out of the 63 frames and I stacked with the quality weights, 1st degree LNC 3 iterations, MBB 5% and MAD sigma clipping 2,5 with 2 iterations. The resulting stacks were combined in the "combine RGB" tool, by adding H-alpha to H-alpha, O-III to O-III and then again O-III to green. The combined image I calibrated the background of, did star color calibration, cropped it a bit, saturated and sharpened and this is what I got out of that in the end;

combine RGB image mod St

There are some artefacts which look like hot-pixels that weren't removed. Probably as I didn't calibrate the subs (and they seem to be the same lines you have in Andromeda, leading me to think the calibration data might have an issue). But the main issue is solved it seems.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 8, 2019 19:50  

@vincent-mod

Thanks!

SO after you finished integration with first Ha set, did you remove the calibrated frames and then redo, because app was asking me whether I want to overwrite yes/no

It will be great to have a small PDF with screenshots for commonly used workflows and settings. Will really help us users.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
August 8, 2019 20:38  

No it doesn't as when you change to "extract OIII" in the 0-tab, the resulting files will have "HAOIII-HA" or "HAOIII-OIII" in the filename. I'm now suspecting you didn't change the setting in the 0-tab..

A PDF is being made for the entire program by Mabula. When it's released I don't know myself.

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 8, 2019 22:27  

@vincent-mod

I did so. But still my Ha integ came out red instead of black and white. 

I will try this again and document the specs in a single PDF and share.

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 9, 2019 22:46  

I DID IT!!!

Here is the final result. Attaching PDF with steps

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
White Dwarf Customer
August 12, 2019 08:35  

I downloaded Pixinsight Trial too and gave it a whirl (Half Hearted I must say). Did not  get to actual processing.

Don't feel the need. Am buying APP. Just wondering if any deals or coupon codes come now and then so I can snag a discount 😀

That said @vincent-mod and other developers/mods, will it help if I keep sharing Duo Filter data with you for improving the tool. I am not doing it for freebies, just want  the program to get better :).

Would love to have a one step dummy mode where you load lights darks etc., tell tool what type of image, and then press one button to go through all the steps. After all, 90% of all processing is anyways done with default options. Maybe give some more options to tweak before clicking do everything button!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
August 12, 2019 11:38  

Hey @tsk1979,

Thanks for choosing APP! As far as I know there aren't deals or coupon codes, sorry.

A 1 button does all is kind of the idea behind APP. Compared to PI it already has that for many steps and Mabula is always going to try to make that as easy as possible whilst maintaining top quality. Unfortunately it's not really possible to have literally everything behind a button as data varies an enormous amount between setups and require some tweaking. It could be an idea to have like case scenarios with preset settings, and ofcourse saving the settings would be nice and Mabula has that on his to-do list.

ReplyQuote
(@adrienl)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 22, 2019 22:40  

Hi. Jumping on the topic - tried that very same workflow, and have an issue with it. Did all the steps until integration of the Halpha layer. But when I switch back to 0. LOAD, and change the algorithm to H alpha - OIII extract OIII, APP does not ask me to renormalize.

If I normalize, then integrate at that point, I have in fact the exact same signal as in my H alpha integration...

There must be something I'm doing wrong, but nothing I try seems to do the trick. Any idea?

Thanks. Adrien

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: