Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Workflow for STC dual narrowband filter  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@headworx)
White Dwarf Customer
October 22, 2019 10:55  

Is there anything available for a qua-band narrowband filter like the Opt Triad Ultra?

It has the following characteristics:

Hydrogen-beta Oxygen III Hydrogen-alpha Sulfur II
FWHM 5nm 4nm 4nm 4nm
Peak Transmission 79% 97% 87% 90%

I've got very promising results using the STC DNB on Nikon D800a with APP (attached below) and would like to push the envelope even further... Any hints on how to approach quad narrowband on a CFA?

Veil  DNB APP

--Simon

This post was modified 1 year ago by Szymon Slupik

ReplyQuote
(@roberto)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 22, 2020 02:11  

Hello to all,

I need some help here please. My goal is to extract Ha and OIII and then recombine using the RGB tool to an HOO palette but I'm running into issues. I have read and tried the PDF document and the result is a mono image with a mosaic pattern to it which I assume is the bayer array. I've tried a few different things.

First, I my settings in TAB 0 like this, Pattern = Supported, Algo= Ha-Oiii extract Ha

APP2 1

I then proceed to all other TABs and  enter the setting, but for this I used defaults as a test. I integrate and I get a mono image with a mosaic. I then go to the TAB 0 again and extract OIII and again I get a mono image with a mosaic pattern.

When I combine in TAB 9 RGB and assign R=Ha G=OIII and B=OIII I get this, a mono image with a mosaic pattern.

APP1 1

Now I tried the normal force CFA and it works. I get a demosaic color image. I've tried to use debayered FLATS and I get this warning,

APP3 1

I've looked around the site for a tutorial and I came up with nothing, probably missed it. So if someone can shed some light on what I'm missing I'd appreciate it.

Forgive me if this was addressed somewhere else, I've been looking everywhere to no avail.

TIA,

Roberto

PS Equipment used was STC Duo Narrowband and ASI071 Pro.

ReplyQuote
(@roberto)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 22, 2020 02:36  

I think I found the answer. I'll try it. Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
October 24, 2020 11:26  

Could you share what you found out? 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@roberto)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 24, 2020 15:30  

Yes Sir,

I found this under Forum>Totorial and Workflows. It’s for an L-enhance but that filter to what I understand is very close to the STC Duo Narrowband.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: