RfC: proper croppin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

RfC: proper cropping functionality (based on Area Select Box)

6 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
(@marc_theunissen)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I never used the resize (aka cropping?) feature of APP. A user question on SN:  http://www.starry-night.nl/forums/topic/m31-met-telelens/#post-18029

prompted me to advice him to use the "cropping" feature of APP, however, trying to give him directions I noticed, one cannot actually crop an image with APP.

RfC: implement a cropping feature based on an Area Select Box.

ps: Mabula, did you receive my message regarding bulapedia, I got a lot, and I mean a lot of deadlinks in good topics on SN.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

I've seen nothing resembling a feature to crop anything myself.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Marc,

APP does have a simple and working crop tool, it's now part of the batch modify tool. It's a tool that can be used for several things, one of which is cropping 😉

If you draw an area select box, you can crop like you wish.

If you provide positive offsets you can remove offsets in pixels, or negative offsets in pixels will add borders to your data.

Kind regards,

Mabula

p.s. no, haven't received your message.. but please check the bulapedia links again, they should work now... It's my private server and it was down, my apologies.

ReplyQuote
(@marc_theunissen)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

It seems like I reinvented the wheel, indeed, the Batch Modify tool. Thx for the guidance and for the Bulapedia server which indeed is "up" again.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

Cool!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Excellent Marc 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: