Error in Ram memory...

Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Error in Ram memory usage of the OS, stretch module and calibration error Masterflat  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
February 24, 2020 22:21  

@minusman & @vincent-mod,

Hmm, that construction with the Mgen3APP sounds that it might be the culprit, but on the other hand, if the variable banding was there already before using Mgen3, then I think therer might indeed be a problem with a cable or usb port. I know from 1 user that had an Altair CMOS camera that had similar banding, that the camera needed to be replaced under warranty, so if you can't locate the problem outside the camera, the problem could be a defective camera.

Oh and please check the 1.076 beta 4, I just released it 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
February 26, 2020 23:27  

Hello Mabula, hello Vincent. Well, I was able to save the pictures a little bit. I was able to calibrate and stack the pictures successfully with matching masterdarks and artificial masterflats. Because of the short total exposure time very noisy. 

St avg 2190.0s AR LN 8.0 4.0 10 x 1.0 LZ3 NS full qua mult sc BWMV nor AAD RE MBB10 1stLNC it3 lpc cbg csc mod St

Because of the camera, I did some research in the ZWO forum. It seems that this problem with the horizontal stripes affects most CMOS cameras, some less and some more pronounced. What is mostly recommended in the forum are suitable darks, dithering and
expose longer. So that the stripes are obscured by background noise. I will use this in the future, as an indicator for background limited images. I made a test exposure series on the weekend, because the calibration works fine again.

120s SDCombinedFiles St
60s SDCombinedFiles St
10s SDCombinedFiles St
1s SDCombinedFiles St

Apparently the driver update also had an influence on the images.

I'll check the USB connection anyway, maybe I can get some more information
improve things.
With kind regards

This post was modified 1 month ago by minusman

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
February 27, 2020 18:00  

Hello Mabula, the new stable version works quite well for me so far. Turn the projection and the stretch module.
The only thing that still doesn't work properly is displaying the memory usage of the OS. The display does not reset itself. At least in Linux, in my case Ubuntu. In Windows it works. But that is not so tragic at the moment. Maybe in one of the next versions.

With kind regards.

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 28, 2020 17:19  

Thanks for pointing that little issue out still, hope it'll work in a next release. @mabula-admin

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
March 10, 2020 22:54  

Hello Vincent Hello Mabula, yesterday the weather god
once an hour to check my setup.
So USB problems are not present. My cables are okay so far. The current ZWO camera driver is not the best, my recording software crashed from time to time. An older version of the driver solved the problem.

The developer of MgenAPP contacted me. The MgenAPP does not influence the image data, it only controls the exposure of the camera. The developer has admitted that with activated dithering the image is in the waiting loop until the dithering is finished and then the camera downloads the image. It can happen (depending on the camera manufacturer) that the camera continues to expose in the background while dithering until the image is downloaded from the camera. Apparently the images can be calibrated badly because of this. When a new version of MgenAPP is available I will test it again. In this version the waiting loop should be abolished.

Here is the generated image from last night. Unfortunately there were only 6 useful exposures of 30s each, because of wind.

St avg 180.0s WR LN 6.0 2.0 6 x 1.0 LZ3 NS full eq mult sc BWMV adv AAD RE MBB5 1stLNC it2 lpc cbg csc St

With kind regards

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by minusman

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
March 14, 2020 15:26  

Ah yes, if the software continues to expose while dithering, your stars will be smeared out so those frames are lost then. Glad you're getting it running.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: