Blink mode to remov...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Blink mode to remove bad frames  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@mestutters)
Neutron Star Customer
June 22, 2021 17:28  

In my experience the quality scores can also change quite markedly once Normalisation has been run.  Unless I see frames with really obvious problems I do not generally deselect any until all of the calibration fields have been filled out.  The second image that you judge poor may well drop down the 'league table' once e.g SNR is taken into account

ReplyQuote
(@rickwayne)
Main Sequence Star Customer
June 22, 2021 23:08  

Oooh, great tip. I often go back to the "load" tab and sort from best to worst based on quality, and then see if I can find a "break" where the quality numbers suddenly get worse. Absent that, I do a binary search in the bottom half and examine those frames, looking for ones that have trailed stars or whatever. But graphing those values would make that process a ton faster.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 23, 2021 13:09  

Yep it does, I sometimes forget to mention that. 🙂 But a blinking tool would still be handy I think.

ReplyQuote
(@rickwayne)
Main Sequence Star Customer
June 23, 2021 18:40  

If necessary, APP could trade off for performance by:

1. Only presenting the raw, uncalibrated view of the data (none of the preprocessing choices available in the main viewer)
  2. Requiring the use to select an area of interest
  3. Binning

None of these would speed up file load times, but could make squirting the bits to screen more performant. (2), in particular, would let you preload a set of much smaller frames (smaller still if you used (3)) into memory and conceivably let the user start looking through them before they're all loaded. So there would be a wait time while some or all of the frames were preloaded, but then navigating from frame to frame would be pretty much instantaneous. This would give a much better user experience than a delay between each frame switch.

Certainly for how I'd use a blink feature, primarily evaluating star shapes to cull frames, a zoomed-in AOI would be perfectly cromulent.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Rick Wayne

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: