Removing satellite ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Removing satellite trails

10 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
(@petercpc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Could someone tell me what settings I need to apply to remove satellite trails in the latest version of APP. I used to be able to do this but I cannot see what I should be changing in the integration. My latest integration had two satellite trails.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@petercpc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Got it. I didn't realise that you had to swap from automatic to average to introduce clipping.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It should be selecting the proper rejection algorithm automatically if you have a proper number of lights, like at least 15 I think.

ReplyQuote
(@petercpc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Well I had 25 lights and it left the trails in. When I selected average instead and used a sigma it removed them.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent, if the trails are indeed very prominent you may need to change the settings indeed. Automatically it will have pretty mild rejection.

ReplyQuote
(@spacemanbob)
Hydrogen Atom

@petercpc

Where is this option.. I am new to using the program and I have had some bad issues with StarLink Satellites messing up my images.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@spacemanbob see tab 6 and select a different option than automatic. When you hover your mouse over the drop down, APP will tell you which one to choose based on the number of lights that you have. Then the other options become available and you can select the values that are suitable to get rid of the satellite trails.

Screenshot 2020 11 16 at 19.40.22

dswtan and spacemanbob reacted
ReplyQuote
(@carsan)
Main Sequence Star

Wouter, Can you tell me setting to leave all the satellite trails in the image? I want to create an image showing how many satellites go through my target. Thanks, Carol

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@carsan Carol, when hovering the mouse over that "integrate" drop down you get this popup that explains to use the "maximum" option. Have you tried that?

Screenshot 2022 11 26 at 10.42.12

ReplyQuote
(@carsan)
Main Sequence Star

@wvreeven I did not see that option. I will try it. I think it would be cool to show people how many satellites are crossing through a small area of the sky. Thank so much.

ReplyQuote
Share: