Share:
Notifications
Clear all

"Set Work Directory" Keeps reverting back to Documents.  

RSS

(@adrien)
Molecular Cloud Customer
April 6, 2020 17:53  

Hello. I have asked for this simple feature for (Literally) years. Previously you said "no problems" and it would be done, but here we are in 2020 and its still outstanding. PLEASE can you get "Set working directory" to remember the directory that was set?. I have a NAS, and for me this is a big deal, so much so, I dont have the patience to use APP as, every time I have  to map to my NAS, then the following time APP is opened, it defaults to Documents.

Thank you

Adrien Richardson 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 8, 2020 12:43  

Yes, some things have been promised a bit too early I think, agreed. This will be part of the "save settings" request which Mabula is working on. Sorry for the delay in this I totally understand.

ReplyQuote
(@adrien)
Molecular Cloud Customer
April 20, 2020 17:44  

Hello Vincent

I held my breath that FINALLY ! the most basic option possible, that is, to save the default directory, was implemented in 1.079...but alas this was not to be.

I have already asked this multiple times before, but when will this be done, so I can finally use a program that I have been paying for since its it introduction?.

ippiu liked
ReplyQuote
(@steveibbotson)
Main Sequence Star Customer
April 21, 2020 02:03  

You would think it would be an easy fix but it would appear to be not.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 21, 2020 13:28  
Posted by: @adrien

Hello Vincent

I held my breath that FINALLY ! the most basic option possible, that is, to save the default directory, was implemented in 1.079...but alas this was not to be.

I have already asked this multiple times before, but when will this be done, so I can finally use a program that I have been paying for since its it introduction?.

I have no time-frame myself regarding this, @mabula-admin should have. Can't be taking too long anymore as I do know it is on his short-list. I think this particular thing isn't very hard no, I guess he wants to introduce this in 1 go as part of a bigger settings-feature.

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
White Dwarf Customer
April 23, 2020 02:17  

I have always found this immensely annoying that I cant set my default directory to be on a separate disk.  It irritates me everytime I open the software - its bad enough it takes so long to do the license check before you can even select the default folder button.

ReplyQuote
(@kelvin-hennessy)
White Dwarf Customer
May 1, 2020 23:13  

once again I ask for this option to rise up the priority queue.  Of all the software packages I use for my I.T. work or hobby, (and I use a lot)  the lack of being able to set the default drive / folder in APP is by far the most annoying  !!  Particular as I quite often exit and re-enter APP after an integration or experimenting with settings due to the lack of a "settings reset" option.  (that should be addressed too)

Having to press the up arrow 4 times, find my D: drive amongst my many local and mapped network drives, then find the D:\APP folder amongst 78 other folders on that disk is extremely annoying.

And whats with the 12 second delay before you can even set the working directory ?  I can see its verifying the license and doing something else   The program just sits there totally unresponsive.

That is so bloody frustrating !!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: