Using the Hubble pa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

[Solved] Using the Hubble pallette and the HSL tool

Page 2 / 2

(@msamazing)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin That resolved my problem and this was a very helpful tutorial.  Of course I don't understand what everything really does or means at this point. The challenge is how to really learn it when every image is different.  I can't have you doing this every time.  

Any thoughts on how to better learn?

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin sorry one more question.  Now that I have the image that I want to keep, do I keep it stretch and save it or?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@msamazing Yes, you stretch it and save it. Note that you can play with the stretch parameters to tweak the result a but further. That is up to your liking. 

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Topic starter  

@wvreeven done thank you to all of you for your help!!!!! Outstanding Service!

(@jeffmorgan)

Mabula, that was an *amazing* mini-tutorial! In general I have not gotten good Hubble Palette results. But seeing that tutorial, and practicing on some IC 443 data, it shows me a light out of the wilderness.

Food for thought: APP caters to the beginning imager. Like me 😉 For example, when you talk about shifting Yellow to Blue to get rid of Cyan, looking at the HSL wheel in mind that means adding red to the blue channel. Clearly I have a lot to learn about Color, but I bet I am not the only APP user that does.

Point being with 1.083 stable you would get the user base producing more and better results with more tutorials like that one. 

ReplyQuote
(@julian)
Brown Dwarf Customer

Fab insight into APP using Hubble pallet & HSL.

I use a OSC camera with a quad band filter for Ha, Oiii and a little Sii

Would the same principles for processing mono Ha, Oiii & Sii as above apply for my OSC and quad band filter?

Thank you 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: