Owners or renters l...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Owners or renters license...!  

RSS

(@astroolly)
White Dwarf Customer
February 9, 2019 00:33  
Hi,
was just looking at buying this software, after having a trial version and liking it.
After looking at the purchasing options, and seeing that if I But outright, for £
€150 I might still have to pay more for major updates, so what does that mean “might”..?
soundos a bit ambiguous...
surely if the software is bought outright we should get all future upgrades...I don’t
understand having to potentially pay more after purchase....
can someone please explain, what it means please....??
regards
Olly
This topic was modified 2 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
February 9, 2019 00:44  

The two options are basically very different licence-wise. With renting it, you don't own it, but you do get all upgrades forever for that fee. The owner licence means you actually own that version, it never expires and never stops working. However, if Mabula implements a major feature which required huge amounts of coding-time, I can imagine he will ask a small fee to upgrade (it then basically is a different program from what you initially bought) and that does make sense to me. To be able to sustain himself and develop the software, in the end one needs to have some kind of regular income. It won't be the full price though as stated and it requires a decent big upgrade. What that exactly is is up to him and ofcourse users will in the end decide the upgrade is worth it or not.

AstroOlly liked
ReplyQuote
(@astroolly)
White Dwarf Customer
February 9, 2019 10:24  

Many thanks

It would help if it stated that there would be an extra fee, rather than saying there might be...and giving some idea what that fee would be, as it could be any amount and some people would then wish they had just rented, or vice versa....like I said it’s all a bit ambiguous...I really dont know what to do....if anything at all.

Maybe the fee should be a fixed price like other software is,  as this renting option is not done anywhere else, and once you buy other software you get all the upgrades no matter how big...

Olly

ReplyQuote
Share: