Notifications
Clear all

New to APP, very noisy images

Page 2 / 2

(@matty)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@matty upload for both username and password is not invalid. I just tried. It works.

Ok, it’s in there now as requested….

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Posted by: @matty

Ok, it’s in there now as requested….

Not really. Can you please upload the FITS file, as I requested, and not the TIFF?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@matty And please upload the UNPROCESSED FITS file which is created when the integration ends. So no light pollution correction nor any other post-processing.

ReplyQuote
(@matty)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@matty And please upload the UNPROCESSED FITS file which is created when the integration ends. So no light pollution correction nor any other post-processing.

It’s ok, I will look elsewhere for help, I only wanted some advice and it’s turned into a full blown issue,,,,why does it have to be made so hard to get a bit of help and advice

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Not sure what the problem is to be honest, Wouter asked for the unprocessed fits to be uploaded in your folder on the server, that's all. If we can't have a look at the actual data, which we need to be in fits (or whichever format the raw data is of your camera), we can't help.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Posted by: @matty

It’s ok, I will look elsewhere for help, I only wanted some advice and it’s turned into a full blown issue,,,,why does it have to be made so hard to get a bit of help and advice

I am trying to give you help and in order to be able to do that I need the original unprocessed FITS file that was the result of the integration run that you did with APP. The reason is that any post-processing may result in more obvious noise than present in the original.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi @matty,

I have looked at your shared Tiff, and it looks okay to me, I see no weird noise patterns.

We have asked you for the integration linear FITS, because it holds all the details in the image header so we can analyse/deduce if something odd happened with your data in APP, especially concerning noise, which you can claim is way too high? If you would share the linear FITS file, we can still help and explain to you what happened if you want.

I hope you can understand that if you only show 1 stretched TIFF, which looks fine, without nothing else, not even the image from the other application, we can do very little. Your problem with noise can only be judged and analysed properly if we see the linear result from APP and the other application.

Mabula

AstroNerd liked
ReplyQuote
(@matty)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

thanks Mabula for the explanation, much appreciated, will sort it tomorrow and get back to you….👍🏼

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: