Mosaics of differen...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

Mosaics of different scales and cameras

(@tunarob)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm trying to create a mosaic of 4 panels for now. 3 are at scale of ~2.0 (2 different setups, 400 and 430mm FL) and the 4th one is from 1000mm.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/mosaic-tutorial-milky-way-to-rho-ophiuchi-by-mabula/ I'm following this great tutorial.

These are the rough panels

Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 15.55.22
Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 15.53.38
Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 15.55.50
Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 15.56.17

It all works fine and I can get a mosaic with the 3 wide field panels. When I add the narrow one APP starts to raise errors.

I've found few topics here on forums but nothing helps.

I bumped stars to 2000, then in 4) I tried all pattern descriptors with many scale combinations. Flip descriptiors both on and off. I use dynamic distortion correction and unchecked same camera and optics.

Then this

Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 15.59.32

Have tried with many different scales and different ref images. then I even narrow it down and select 2 panels to be used (the ones with the Crescent nebula on them).

It does register but then, in 5) 

Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 16.01.49

I keep getting these weird Java errors and can't move on. Also Tried all the combinations for 5) with no luck.

To make sure they're registered, I preview them and they look good:

Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 16.05.08
Screenshot 2022 04 24 at 16.05.43

Any idea how I can make this to create a mosaic?

Thanks.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Robert Węglarek

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Which APP version are you using?

I would first try to combine the small fov with the overlapping frames you have for that panel (making a new panel out of that) and then try to create the mosaic with the panels.

ReplyQuote
(@tunarob)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I’m using 1.083.2. Just downloaded it on my Mac yesterday. 

so I’m trying it on the 2 panels now. One wide field that contains the crescent Nebula and the narrow one as well. 

still getting the same error 🙁

2CF40621 B5DA 439C ADDD E8D6D6F81CAC

the ones to be specific. No matter what I try I get these errors. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Robert Węglarek

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Mmm, would you be able to upload the data to our server? Like 10 lights per panel and your master calibration files should be enough.

ReplyQuote
(@tunarob)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Thanks. Just uploaded the file into tunarob-mosaic-different-FL-issue folder.

Tried to keep the names self-explanatory.

For 1000mm I uploaded the stack and 10 lights (don't have calibration frames for it). For 400mm I uploaded the stack, 10 lights and both master dark and flat.

I'm having issues with combining them both in a mosaic mode, so didn't upload the rest of the panels.

But I managed to successfully integrate a mosaic from Redcat (scale ~3.5) and 400mm (scale ~1.95). Maybe my 1000mm stack is corrupted or something?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Robert Węglarek

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Thanks for the upload, I'll have a look today!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Just to verify, I see your master calibration files have the xifs format, which is PixInsight data. I'd advice to create masters in APP itself as that will work much better. I also can't use them for analysis here, do you have regular fits formats for these? Preferably created with APP?

ReplyQuote
(@tunarob)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

Unfortunately I only have them coming from Pixinsight as that's what I use for stacking. 

Just uploaded .fit masters as you requested.

In my tests, I was able to successfully create a mosaic out of 4 panels using my PI stacks and masters. The only thing that's failing is when I try to add in my 1000mm FL image to it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Ah ok, thanks for adding them. If you could then upload 10 raw darks, bias and flats as well that would be very helpful. Using masters from another application is not a good idea when processing in APP as it expects its own calibrated data, which differs in some ways to others.

ReplyQuote
(@tunarob)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

Good to know, thanks 🙂

Uploaded 10 darks and 10 flats. No bias. They're for 400mm photos just in case - 1000mm no calibration at all.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Ah ok, well for proper flat calibration you'd also need either bias or darkflats. 🙂 So without bias or dakflats I can't really use the flats properly. That shouldn't influence the mosaic creation though, so I'll use the darks and the other data you have.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Ah, I think I see what's happening. Part of the data is RGB and part is mono, this will indeed cause issues in normalization as APP can't (yet) process both at the same time. In a next version this should be possible. This means that for this data, you'd need to split the RGB data first into mono data channels, using "split frames" in tab 2, all the way down. Calibrate and then save the frames. This will give you R, G and B data of that panel. Using one of those should then work properly in the mosaic. Of course, you'd want to combine these with RGB data of your own, but then you first need to have that as well.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

With the RGB data, I think you can also first do an "extract-Ha" step, in tab 0 in the algorithm tab. Switching to that algorithm and then loading in the RGB data, will give you a mono H-alpha image immediately. Save those image as H-alpha, then restart APP, load in your data together with the now H-alpha data and then create the mosaic.

ReplyQuote
Share: