Just installed APP ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Just installed APP 2.0.0-beta 1

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@lammertus)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula and team,

I just installed the latest APP 2.0.0-beta1 version and did some testing on a dataset I captured yesterday.

All in all it seems to run quit some faster then the 1.083.4 version!

Only strange feeling is the viewer, but all works great, image shows up on the whole area in the viewer so over here no problems with that!

I hope to see the GPU version in the future ( any news on that front?? )

Best regards,

Lammertus

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No news on that front just yet no, GPU acceleration is a big one to implement and will take longer unfortunately. I think though that having worked on getting this basis much faster, is a very important in-between step as well.

ReplyQuote
(@plicciar)
White Dwarf

I've installed the APP 2.0.0 yesterday on my MAC and tested on a session on M57 but the result is strange.

Does something has changed in star analysis and registration process?

I've submitted a set of 150 frames (quality non excellent, due to short exposures, some trees in the field degrading some frames and the Moon) but, while the 1.084 release, with default settings, selected 66 frames and produced a good integration result, with the new version the process failed almost completely.

It seems that the algorithm is much more restrictive.

Is there any new parameter that may affect, in the new version, the result?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No, nothing has changed there. Can you post a few examples?

ReplyQuote
(@plicciar)
White Dwarf

Ok, I try to post here some examples and info about the difference between the two.

First difference: 

- With 1.083 as the reference file the 0052 has been chosen (2.0.0 discarded it, failing registration)

- With 2.0.0 the chosen reference file was 0117 ( 1.083 included this file in the list of frames to integrate)

Second difference:

Out of 151 lights, applying the same calibration and with default parameters:

- 66 frames selected in 1.083

- 11 frames selected in 2.0.0

In attach the two ref files and some files that have been processed by 1.083 and not by 2.0.0 as well as the two results (the new begins with M57-200)

Thank you for the support

ReplyQuote
Share: