Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Improvements ...

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

I know busy times, so, maybe someone can tell me if I should find other solutions?

When I am doing mosaics, APP seems to struggle with some things:

1. No 360 degree projection. APP fails to me when stitching 3 panels of 40mm fullframe already (see other thread a month ago)

2. Sensors get bigger and when I am doing mosaics with about >10 panels with a 36 megapixel sensor APP "tells" me here and there to "buy a new PC" 😏 since 32 gb RAM are not enough. With PTGUI that was not a problem more than 10 years ago.

3. The lightpollution tool is crucial, especially for mosaics. It would be good to be able to individually remove boxes and not only the latest ones set.

4. Memory of (last) working dir?

5. Time remaining is not correct. It is always at 28% when LNC starts 

6. Improved response time in the forum?

just some spontaneous thoughts. APP's great strength is doing mosaics, yet there are these big downsides imo ...

regards,

stefan

ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Is there a reason why I only can upload files limited to 30 bytes? 

Kijja reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@elgol

Sorry for the delay!

1. Yes, it doesn't have full support for entire milky-way field of views yet. At least not in an easy way, I got it to work a bit with a lot of experimentation but a better solution should be in the works.

2. That probably depends a lot on how APP does the mosaic calculation, which is a lot more sophisticated. Improvements there are also in the works with GPU acceleration added to that as well.

3. Yep, good suggestion for @mabula-admin

4. On the list already and being worked on.

5. @mabula-admin can tell more about that

6. Yep, a 2 man business is tricky unfortunately, the success is sky rocketing and it doesn't help that I'm travelling a lot at the moment. We are going to improve this as soon as possible.

The downsides come with any new program that's not yet having all the features everyone wants, unfortunately that's simply a matter of time. The focus though is to make the things it does, best in class. Hence why it's already popular for mosaics and calibration in general.

ReplyQuote
Share: