How do I integrate ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How do I integrate specific frames

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ispybadguys)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am new to APP and I have loaded a large number of lights. I then calibrated them, normalize, and register them and I want to try integrating the best 10 and then the best 20 etc. How to I do this? If I select the the -reg-norm.fits and not the lights it says nothing to integrate. I want to do this because the quality is decreasing over the set and I what to see what works best.

Thanks

Kurt

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ispybadguys Hi Kurt and welcome to APP. In tab 6 (INTEGRATE) at the top there is a slider to select the number of frames to integrate. By default it is at 100% and by dragging it to the left you can select how many will be stacked.

ReplyQuote
(@ispybadguys)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Great. Thanks. This is very helpful. When I was doing this my Mac decided to to terminate APP because it wanted some application memory. Since I had manually adjusted may frames to remove list pollution is there a way to recover all the files. I see the reg-norm.fits files n the directory. If I reload all those am I good?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Are you using 1.083 beta 2? I didn't try this myself yet, but already registered and normalized frames can be loaded in again and you can select to skip the steps you already did in APP. Go to the tabs which you already did and select to "disable" that step.

Besides the slider Wouter mentions (which automatically removes the worst scoring ones), if you have an idea yourself already which frames are best, you can deselect the worst ones in the list below before going for the integration step. If you're using the quality score to determine that, you'd have to manually get through at least the star analysis step first to see that score.

ReplyQuote
(@ispybadguys)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent

I am using the 1.082 version because I am in the trial period. I don't see any link to get the beta version.

I had tried using the selection method but I was unsure exactly what to select. When I have run steps 1,2,3,4,&5 I have a number of .fits files for the products of these steps. Say I want to integrate the first 10 frames. Do I select only the lights for the first 10 frames or also each of the .fits products for those frames.

This may seem this a strange request but I had a set of about 45 subs taken with a DSLR. I preprocessed them in Matlab using the Lucy-Richardson deconvolution and another set using the blind deconvolution. I then processed them in APP. When I processed them I got an increase in the quality score in the 500-600 range which was a least a 2x improvement. When I stacked all of them I got some strange artifacts on the outskirts of every star. When I stacked the first 10 and then 20 frames these wend away. So I was trying to discover at what minimum quality level, for the sub, is required as I think if I start with a low quality sub and improve it with deconvolution that I get these artifacts. It seems to work great for a high quality sub that is enhanced to a great quality sub.

Also is there a description of what the columns are in the SNR and and noise fields and the difference between the FWHM relationship and absolute fields. APP is great but so many questions. 

Is there a post that deals with aligning the color channels from a DSLR to fix chromatic aberrations?

Kurt

ReplyQuote
Share: