Flat-Field calibrat...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-08-17: APP 2.0.0-beta3 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta3

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta3

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta3

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta3

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta3

Flat-Field calibration can not be performed correctly

Page 2 / 2

(@msamazing)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I will try that.  In the past the NINA Flat wizard worked so I am not sure what happened.  Is it possible to salvage this with APP or not really?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@msamazing I don't think it is the flat wizard but the combination of the flat panel with the filter. Did you successfully create flats with the panel and the filter in the past?

Since there is no (or barely any) signal in the red channel in the flats and since the filter lets pass through a LOT of red, APP or any other image processing application can do anything here. You can try to process the data without the flats and see if the result is usable but I am afraid that that may not be the case. Still, if there aren't too many dust devils in the lights, you can try to connect the camera and filter again and take new flats. You never know if those will get the job done. Again, no guarantees unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I took the flat the same night as the lights. I also used the same filter.  I will just try again and see what happens.  Thanks again!!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: