Diagonal pattern in...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

Diagonal pattern in images

Page 2 / 2

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Awesome! I still don't know for sure what the pattern would be you're seeing, but because it gets way less when dithering more aggressively, it must be a data issue. I would maybe try to dither that much every 3 frames, just to see if that is enough already and to save you some time. The wide FOV combined with your sensor might definitely make it harder to remove this kind of pattern, apparently the pattern is quite big and thus needs this large of a dither step.

ReplyQuote
(@dtc1999)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I have been reviewing all my data, as I keep every session organized with notes of the date, sky conditions, equipment and software used, etc. As I stated earlier, the only imaging changes that I thought were made during the time of the issue starting was the switch from OAG to guide scope and from Sharpcap to NINA.. After reviewing more slightly older data, I found that this is not the case. I actually made those changes a few months prior to the issue starting. I have normal looking data with the new equipment and imaging software. Investigating further, I found something that I overlooked this whole time..

The earliest I found that the issue happened was in November 2021. After looking over everything in my laptop, the only thing that I could find that coincides with the issue is that during the same month, my laptop did the free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11.. I can not say this is the answer to the issue as I thought all my software would still be compatible. My camera drivers are current and I am using the current non-beta version of NINA.

The only change after the Win11 update was I did also upgrade my ZWO 071MC to a 2600MC to image along side my 2600MM on my dual imaging setup. The 071 creates subs about 30MB and the 2600MC creates 50MB subs. I know that's a slight increase in data transfer even with the MM and MC imaging at the same time on 2 separate USB3 cables and ports, it is well within the data transfer limits of USB3.. Also I would see the issue when I was only imaging with one camera during testing, so I can not see it being a data transfer issue...

This laptop is a 2018 model (bought in 2017) Dell Inspiron 5579 with 16GB RAM, 4 cores with 8 processors, BIOS, and windows update always kept up-to-date. It has always ran great and never once crashed during an imaging session. I can't see how going up to Windows 11 could cause an issue like this. I am past the point of no return for going back to Win10 as Microsoft only gives you 10 days to change your mind after the free upgrade.. Only option now would be a clean install, and I don't know if I want to do that when its not even certain that is causing the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Well, you're organized for sure! Very nice. I highly doubt Windows 11 would be the reason for the pattern you're seeing, to me it's more likely that it's something to do with data transfer/hardware, maybe even the new camera. Is it possible to tackle these variables one at a time? Like trying to record data locally, then transfer that to your computer without the need of USB etc? Then after that, check to see if it's only that camera and not another.. Check if you have common ground everywhere, so no power interference can get on the data cables.

When it's difficult to pinpoint, you have to do 1 change at a time, otherwise it can get very frustrating (which it already is I'm sure).

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: