The problem with the data upload limit for attachments has been fixed. I have restored it to 30MegaBytes. A recent forum software upgrade was responsible for the changed limit. Please accept my apologies for missing this when upgrading the forum sofware, Mabula.
Best way to integrate different exposures and gains
I have about 20 hours of Ha on Orion (M42) All the same camera (ASI-1600MM-C) and focal length but with different exposure times and different gain settings. The idea behind this is to try and produce a High Dynamic Range (HDR) image by blending the different images.
What I have are:-
- 15 Second Subs at Gain 75/15
- 180 Second Subs at Gain 75/15
- 180 Second Subs at Gain 139/21
- 9000 Second (15M) Subs at Gain 75/15 ( This was an accident when SGPRO changed seconds to minutes for some strange reason) Stack looks pretty good
My questions are:
- Is this the wrong approach.
- If not what would be the best way to stack all this data to achieve the best HDR results
Thank you for your help
I am not sure if APP can combine all integrations to a HD image. I would try it like this.
Combine all 15sec subs to a master light, also each 180sec subs (I don't think that there is much difference between the 75Gain ans 139Gain subs), and finally the 15min subs to a master light.
You could then try to integrate those 3 masters to single master light (average, no outlier rejection, equal weights). Then try to set the developments sliders (e.g. the HL) in order to reveal the inner parts of the nebula. But as I said I don't know if APP can handle this as desired.
I personally would do the HD Combine in Photoshop.