Clear all

Amp glow  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@jazzy1839)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 7, 2021 01:25  

Hi Vincent,

Here is a screenshot of the properties of one light and one dark from the file loading/select section in APP.  Hopefully its not to small to read when you open it.

Everything matches across the board.  Binning 1x1 on both light and dark.  51 gain, 30 sec exposure, 10deg F on both and color space 16b Gray.  I went back and looked at my ZWO settings on camera in APT and the gain is 51, bit depth is 10 USB limit is 40 (unchanged from darks to lights).  Don't know if it matters but for Image Type I have Raw16 selected.

Any clues from this data?

Jeff

This post was modified 1 month ago by Jeffery Snell

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 7, 2021 11:30  

No, unfortunately not. Can you share some of the data, just upload a subset (like 10 lights), your masterbias, masterdark and masterflat (if you have that).

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “jazzy1839-ampGlowIssue” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@jazzy1839)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 7, 2021 19:24  

Done.  For that particular session, all I have is the master dark and the luminance lights.  I uploaded the MD and 10 lights into the file.  I have a full compliment of darks, bias, flats (LRGB) and lights (LRGB) for the Rosette Nebula taken the same way two nights before.  If what I uploaded isn't enough, just let me know and I'll upload the Rosette MD/MF/MB and some lights.

Thanks Vincent.  I really appreciate the help.  Hope all is well in Western Europe these days.

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 9, 2021 11:55  

So strangely, that data doesn't show amp glow in my integration, this is the stretched luminance result (stretched to 30%BG even);

ampglow

I left APP at default settings, the only thing I checked was LNC and MBB in the integration tab. I used APP 1.083 beta1

ReplyQuote
(@jazzy1839)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 10, 2021 02:19  

Hi Vincent,

So I downloaded the same beta1 Version, used your settings for LNC and MBB (I used LNC 1 and 1 iteration), and then loaded the same files I gave you.  Success!  Then I took all 60x Luminance and 30x Darks and integrated those.  Again, success!  Even got the Hubble Variable Neb showing up too.  I plan to take the other channels (RGB) tonight and then add flats and bias as well.  I'll iterate the process to add each individually to make sure I don't muck things up. 

As an aside, I tried the above on my Rosette shots and had the amp glow really bad...I don't get that???  But, success a little at a time 🙂  My integrated 60xL/30xD jpeg below.  Thanks for the help.  Hopefully I'm getting past this hurdle...

Cone Nebula 60xL30xD Integrated

Jeff 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 12, 2021 11:50  

Excellent! For the other data, that would be a different question again, it all depends on type of data, quality of the calibration data etc. But yes, you should be able to handle this amp-glow easily, so that would point to something in the data maybe.

ReplyQuote
(@jazzy1839)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 16, 2021 21:52  

Hi Vincent,

One last issue that I hope is not APP related.  I took 240 subs with the 183mm pro mentioned above.  51 gain, 30 sec exposures, 60 each LRGB, binned 1x 1 at bit depth of 10 and 10 degrees.  I stacked with 20x darks and there was no amp glow...yay!  However, there was also little to zero color in those images.  And when I say little, I felt like I was imagining a slight bit of red tint.  No matter what I did, I could not get any color.  I integrated all channels one time and tried it, no color.  Then integrated separate channels and tried it, no color.  I moved to the processing side and stretched and twisted my way through every slider.  Still no color.  Am I just taking too short of exposures at too low of a gain setting?  I can't think of any other settings I may not have checked correctly in APP.  I am using all default settings except for what we talk about above.  I thought that after I integrated and the image came out there would be some color.  I even saved the integrated files as a tiff and moved to photoshop.  Still nothing.

I downloaded the integrated file in the above directory.  If you have a moment, can you give it a look and see if you get any results?  Any pointers before I move on would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 17, 2021 21:41  

30 seconds is indeed very short, so that doesn't surprise me a lot. I think you'd get way better data if you go for as long as you can, with fewer subs. Try 5 min next time. Also, adding Luminance will suppress color, so make sure you don't add 100% to the luminance channel. Mabula is going to have a look in a later version to see if he can make that work a bit better.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: