Trial licence quest...

Share:

APP 1.075 has been released !

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

[Solved] Trial licence question  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
November 22, 2017 00:34  

Hi Tony,

Excellent, that's good to know.

The BPM is basically a sensor characteristics bitmapped file that has the locations of pixels that don't behave linearly.

Once you have created a single good BPM using any flats and darks,  you can use it for all the data that you need to calibrate. I have been using a single BPM for a Nikon D5100 for over 3 years now to good effect 😉

I have been using a BPM created out of 50 darks, iso 400, exposure time 15 minutes & 20 flats ISO 100 exposure time 5 seconds to calibrate all data (with different iso's and exposure times )that I shot with the D5100 for the last 3 years.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
November 22, 2017 13:57  
Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp - Admin

Hi Tony,

Excellent, that's good to know.

The BPM is basically a sensor characteristics bitmapped file that has the locations of pixels that don't behave linearly.

Once you have created a single good BPM using any flats and darks,  you can use it for all the data that you need to calibrate. I have been using a single BPM for a Nikon D5100 for over 3 years now to good effect 😉

I have been using a BPM created out of 50 darks, iso 400, exposure time 15 minutes & 20 flats ISO 100 exposure time 5 seconds to calibrate all data (with different iso's and exposure times )that I shot with the D5100 for the last 3 years.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Ah, I understand now. Thankyou.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: