Share:

APP 1.075 has been released !

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

[Sticky] Which image formats are supported by APP?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@astrogee)
Red Giant Customer
November 22, 2018 23:48  

Hi Mabula, I just bought APP and didn't realize it doesn't support DNG yet, but glad to see its imminent. A further wrinkle is that Pentax DNG format does not include the forward colour conversion matrix so I believe an inversion has to be performed on the matrix they supply. Anyway, are you addressing this Pentax anomaly ? - it seems no other astro processor out there is, including my beloved Nebulosity 🙁 However I continue to use Pentax (K-5II) because it has such a good sensor.

benolry liked
ReplyQuote
(@jmyers1951)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
July 2, 2019 02:10  

Any idea of when the 1.074.2 version will be released?  I really like this software, but I can't drop 130 Euros on software that requires me to convert my Olympus RAW (.ORF) files to TIFF files as the first step in processing.  Too much trouble, and too much disk space.

Thanks.

P.S.  A modest suggestion:  as you add new camera RAW capabilities, issue interim beta versions.  

This post was modified 5 months ago by John Myers

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
July 4, 2019 18:20  

Mabula is working on supporting more formats and I think this should be easier as well with the libraw support it has now. I don't have details on the roadmap for this, I do know a new version is currently in the works.

ReplyQuote
(@mrblacksun)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 9, 2019 16:18  

I am using APP on a trial basis on a MAC and have only a few days to go on my trial licence.  So far I have not been successful in processing any picture yet.  I am on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6.  When I open the working directory, which is on an external SDD (Samsung T5), APP does not show me any file.  The files are all Nikon .NEF taken with a Nikon D850 camera, which is on the list of supported .NEF files.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Kris  

ReplyQuote
(@mrblacksun)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 9, 2019 16:26  

I have been trying out other working directories on my hard drive that contain only .jpg files and the result is the same: 

no file appear under the working directory and on the bar "Files of Type" no selection is possible, no file types are shown. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
October 10, 2019 12:56  

That's true, it's just a way to select the working directory. When you've set that, you can pick the images using the Lights button in tab 1.

ReplyQuote
(@mrblacksun)
Molecular Cloud Customer
October 10, 2019 15:42  

@vincent-mod

Thanks Vincent.  That seems to wrok better now.  I managed to get the lights, the darks and the bias loaded.  Now will try out the next step.  Sorry for this type of beginners questions. 

(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
October 10, 2019 22:30  

No problem at all, we can learn from this as well and make it clearer if needed.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: