Bad Pixel Map  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Heno
(@heno)
White Dwarf Customer
October 22, 2017 17:45  

Hi Mabula.

No reason for apologies. I'm sure you are a busy man.
I'm just glad that it isn't me that's fishy. 🙂
Take your time. I have my BPM made from 3 darks. That will do fine for now I'm sure.

Helge.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 22, 2017 17:49  

Hi Helge,

thanks 😉

The problem is quite clear, I'll do a test with my Nikon D610 which is quite similar.. should know more later today...

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 22, 2017 18:32  

Hi Helge,

I have found the problem.

I was using a noise calculation approach that was a problem with such a low amount of noise. A have changed the noise calculation to MSR gaussian noise and now it perfectly works with 6 darks.

So this will be fixed in the next APP version.

I do think that the BPM that you currently have based on only 2 darks should work pretty good.

But please check this BPM, this one is based on your 6 darks that you sent me with a hot pixel kappa of 2, nearly 1% hot pixels found now:

Thank you for sharing this problem 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 22, 2017 20:15  
Posted by: Heno

One suggestion: I would have liked to see the number of darks used (and flats if included) in the details of the PBM.  Now I have to remember which BPM was created from which (number of) files.

Best regards

Helge

Hi Helge,

I have added this the FITS metadata 😉

FITS HDUs: 1
HDU1 - SIMPLE  =                    T / Java FITS: Sun Oct 22 20:09:49 CEST 2017      
HDU1 - BITPIX  =                    8 / bits per data value                           
HDU1 - NAXIS   =                    2 / number of axes                                
HDU1 - NAXIS1  =                 6032 / size of the n'th axis                         
HDU1 - NAXIS2  =                 4032 / size of the n'th axis                         
HDU1 - EXTEND  =                    T / Extensions are permitted                      
HDU1 - DATE    = '2017-10-22T18:09:49' / creation date of bad pixel map               
HDU1 - SOFTWARE= 'Astro Pixel Processor by Aries Productions' / software              
HDU1 - VERSION = '1.054   '           / Astro Pixel Processor version                 
HDU1 - CALFRAME= 'bad pixel map'      / bad pixel map for instrument NIKON D750       
HDU1 - INSTRUME= 'NIKON D750'         / instrument name                               
HDU1 - CFAIMAGE= 'no      '           / Color Filter Array pattern                    
HDU1 - NPIX    =             24321024 / raw number of pixels                          
HDU1 - HOTKAPPA= '2,00    '           / kappa value used for hot pixel determination  
HDU1 - COLDFRAC= '0,50    '           / percentage used for cold pixel determination  
HDU1 - NBADPIX =               201827 / number of bad pixels                          
HDU1 - PBADPIX = '0,830   '           / percentage of bad pixels                      
HDU1 - NHOTPIX =               201827 / number of hot pixels                          
HDU1 - PHOTPIX = '0,830   '           / percentage of hot pixels                      
HDU1 - NCOLDPIX=                    0 / number of cold pixels                         
HDU1 - PCOLDPIX= '0,000   '           / percentage of cold pixels                     
HDU1 - NLINPIX =             24119197 / number of linear pixels                       
HDU1 - PLINPIX = '99,170  '           / percentage of linear pixels                   
HDU1 - NUMDARKS=                    6 / # of dark frames used in creation of the BPM  
HDU1 - NUMFLATS=                    0 / # of flat frames used in creation of the BPM  
HDU1 - END                                                                            

This is the BPM:

Kind regards,

Mabula

xsnrg liked
ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
White Dwarf Customer
October 23, 2017 09:25  

Hi Mabula

Thanks for the BPM and thanks for solving the issue so quickly.
It is really cool to see ones proposal being adopted, even a small one like this. 😉

Clear skies

Helge

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 25, 2017 23:27  

You're most welcome Helge 😉

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share: