deal with too large...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

deal with too large filenames

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dkamen)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi,

Last night I told APP 1.075 on Linux (ext4 filesystem) to integrate 20-odd sessions ("Integrate all"). Due to the way integrations are named, this resulted in a too large filename. Like most filesystems, ext4 has a 255 character limit. So the entire process failed after several hours, just before attempting to write the integration to disk with an error like: "filename is not supported or file is locked by another process". (unfortunately I did not take a screenshot but you probably get the idea)

I guess my feature request would be for APP to either predict that the filename will be too large before the integration starts or catch the error at the moment it occurs. The best would be for the user to be prompted for a filename much like what happens when saving an image from the Tools section, alternatively APP can simply truncate the filename into something reasonable.

Thanks,

D.

[edit: I had mistakenly written 0.75 instead of 1.075 as APP version]

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Dimitris Kamenopoulos

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, I've seen this issue raised before. I'll notify Mabula about it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So I asked directly and he'll fix it for the upcoming release in about a week.

ReplyQuote
Share: