Starange artefacts ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Starange artefacts after integration, and a crash

7 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

First go with app in a while and its not ended good, all was well up to the integration, after integration it left strange black marks, I thought at first it was specks on my screen, made a few changes and re run but app then crashes, so all settings etc lost, so frustrating. I don't get to do much processing as I'm usually fairly busy but its soooo annoying that something that should be simple with app just doesn't seem to work for me.

aftefacts dont seem to show up here

ha St

This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Tony

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Do you have an example of the strange marks? I'm not sure what would cause them to be honest from your description. Which version of APP are you using?

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Sorry its been a while, but I'll upload to dropbox, I have sent @mabula a dropbox link.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony @tonymacc (& Vincent @vincent-mod),

I am finally looking at your data that you sent me using wetransfer. I did download it. Unfortunately, the downloaded data is completely corrupt, all fits frames are broken. I think something went wrong with the download while I was in London for AstroFest…

Can you send it again using either wetransfer or directly uploading it to our server:

https://ariesprodstor.astropixelprocessor.com:7001/

login and password: appuser

Make a folder with your name and let me know once uploaded 😉

I looked at your image that you posted on our forum. I think you mean black spots like this are the problem? You need to zoom in to see it properly:

BlackSpot

That would indicate a data calibration issue. There are several possible causes:

1. Are you using a Bad Pixel Map? Are you subtracting a MasterDark? Hot pixels in the MasterDark could cause this to happen. A proper Bad Pixel Map would fix it.
  2. Another cause could be cosmic rays in your MasterDark. Do you see Cosmic Rays in your MasterDark? If so, create your MasterDark with outlier rejection enabled to remove these artefacts from the Master. If you don’t remove these, they will create black holes in your calibrated data just like this.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Hi Mabula,
Yes I can send it again when I am back home. It's strange about those spots as this is an image I have already done in app previously using the exact same subs etc! but just wanted to see if the newer 1.075 version made any difference, I dont think I done anything different to before.
Regards,
Tony

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @tonymacc

@mabula-admin

Hi Mabula,
Yes I can send it again when I am back home. It's strange about those spots as this is an image I have already done in app previously using the exact same subs etc! but just wanted to see if the newer 1.075 version made any difference, I dont think I done anything different to before.
Regards,
Tony

Dear Tony,

I think the most likely cause is that there a cosmic rays in your masterdark and they create holes in the data when calibrating the light frames. Can you check?

1. Another cause could be cosmic rays in your MasterDark. Do you see Cosmic Rays in your MasterDark? If so, create your MasterDark with outlier rejection enabled to remove these artefacts from the Master. If you don’t remove these, they will create black holes in your calibrated data just like this.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Thanks, will look, but on another note these are the exact same subs and darks etc! used on the older 1.074 version with no issues, but I will go back and have another go.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Tony

ReplyQuote
Share: