APP trial. Applicat...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP trial. Application hangs on calibrate

10 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@stmifx)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am trying out APP before making a decision about buying. Last night I loaded about 60 light , 60 bias, 45 dark and 32 flat frames. On 'Calibrate' application hangs. I re-tried three times but hangs at same step every time: 'integrate bias frames:integrating pixels 1 to 4507 of 42560000'.

Not sure what is different about this batch but the one before it with 30 frames in each category worked fine.

All files are .ARW(Sony RX1RII) files. APP is running on MacOS 11.1. I have allocated 6GB RAM to APP and have way more than enough disk space.

Any suggestions about how to proceed further?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi and thanks for trying APP, this is exactly why we have a trial. 🙂

So, this is a crash I've not seen before as far as I can remember. Could you try to integrate without calibration files?

ReplyQuote
(@stmifx)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Hi and thanks for trying APP, this is exactly why we have a trial. 🙂

So, this is a crash I've not seen before as far as I can remember. Could you try to integrate without calibration files?

You mean skip Calibrate step but do use flats,bias and darks in subsequent steps?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No, just load in the lights and no calibration data, go to tab 6 and press "integrate". 🙂 I'm wondering if there is an issue with the calibration data.

ReplyQuote
(@stmifx)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

No, just load in the lights and no calibration data, go to tab 6 and press "integrate". 🙂 I'm wondering if there is an issue with the calibration data.

That worked. I did two sessions last night back to back with no delay in between. Images from first session are processed end to end just fine.

Difference between the two sessions is that in first one shutter was open for 20 seconds whereas in second it was for 25 seconds. Second difference first session was 30 shots (lights, flats , darks and bias) and second was 60 lights and bias, between 30-40 flats and darks. Other than that camera was pointed in same direction for both sessions.

What could be the reason for second batch of images not working?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent! So, what the actual reason is I'm not sure. But it does point to an issue with something in the calibration data. Good thing to do now would be to add calibration data and see when it starts to fail. Often, failures arise when using darks with an issue. So my advice would be to try to do this again, using bias and flats only.

ReplyQuote
(@stmifx)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

In the right hand panel (don't know what it is called) is there a way to reset the default values after making changes to defaults? For example in LR  double clicking on the slider resets the values back.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I don't think so no, just a reset button for 1 slider. But definitely something that will be possible in a future version.

ReplyQuote
(@stmifx)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I don't think so no, just a reset button for 1 slider. But definitely something that will be possible in a future version.

Btw, I don't think that reset button works either.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @stmifx

Btw, I don't think that reset button works either.

The reset button resets the G slider.

ReplyQuote
Share: